© COPYRIGHT 2017. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Sequoia Home Health
WE ARE THE DIFFERENCE
IN HOME HEALTH CARE
With 35 home health companies in the central valley and more popping up monthly, it’s important to know what makes Sequoia unique. Everyone in our company adheres to our mission: We are committed to the personal and health care needs of the community by offering quality care to individuals who are elderly, chronically ill, or living with disabilities. Our belief is that our patients deserve compassionate, honest, and reliable care from only the top health care professionals who go the extra mile to meet their needs.
Kris Amorino, RN- Owner/Administrator- Kris has a sterling reputation within the valley; she has both clinicians and administrative staff who have followed her for years because of her style and work ethic. Her home health experience in case management and administration spans 30 years and her eldercare & geriatric ICU experience make her an invaluable resource for staffing cases appropriately and for Sequoia’s clinicians.
Sequoia Home Health has achieved the gold seal of accreditation from the Joint Commission, an internationally recognized symbol of quality. We have had that distinction since our first Joint Commission survey on February 29, 2012.
We exceed Medicare expectations and provide additional education to patients and families in several areas, designated by the Joint Commission as National Patient Safety Goals.
These safety standards include:
• Identify patients correctly
• Use medicines safely
• Prevent Infection
• Prevent patients from falling
• Identify patient safety risks
Sequoia Companion Care is a proud member of CAHSAH (California Association for Health Services at Home). We adhere to requirements that hold our home care company to a higher standard than the minimum state requirements including:
• Demonstrating that caregivers have received additional training and that client safety assessment factors are in place.
• Providing in-person supervision of all caregivers and quality assurance assessments for home care clients at least annually (Sequoia assesses quarterly and keeps in close contact with clients and their families regularly).
• In-person interviews of new caregiver applicants prior to hiring them. In addition, we hire only well-qualified caregivers, which shows with our low turnover rate.
• Home care fees provided in writing, along with a copy of our workers’ compensation policy, and a written grievance policy that specifies the way a client may file a grievance/complaint.
• A template for client’s plan of care.
Palliative care (pronounced pal-lee-uh-tiv) is specialized medical care for people with a serious illness. This type of care is focused on providing relief from the symptoms and stress that can accompany that serious illness. The goal is to improve quality of life for both the patient and the family. Palliative care is provided by a specially-trained team of doctors, nurses and other specialists who work together with a patient’s other doctors to provide an extra layer of support. It is appropriate at any stage in a serious illness, and it can be provided along with curative treatment.
• While several companies in town market palliative care services, Sequoia Home Health is the only agency in town navigating through a Joint Commission survey to become a certified palliative care agency.
• We partner well with hospice to ensure a smooth transition in the continuity of care, and can assist you and your patients with this transition, if needed.
As a Joint Commission Accredited agency, part of our ongoing expectation and service is to provide community education to partnering agencies and to the community at large.
We work closely with our referral sources and can tailor our in-service topics to the needs of your staff and residents.
Some of the basic topics for which we can provide education include:
Home Health vs. Home Care
At Sequoia Home Health, we treat the whole body, mind, and spirit with unique individuality. This applies to both clinicians and patients.
Our priority is to make the referral process easy for you. We offer:
• Speed of service
• Availability of your Business
• Development Manager via cell phone at all times
• Tailored follow up and open communication between our staff and yours to ensure consistent, quality patient care
• Visits to skilled/hospitalized patients to ensure a smooth transition and continuum of care
Our services and specialties include:
Medical Social Services
Certified Home Health Aides
Referral Express fax line: 1.844.272.2818
Home Health office phone: 559.765.4315
Companion Care office phone: 559.472.3627